For our postgraduate internship program, JPR is seeking the best and brightest PR talent entering the industry to join our teams in San Diego, LA, NYC & UK.
You have long craved the moment where you are immersed in a thriving company culture of storytellers who connect, collaborate and captivate, and are making an impact. You are eager to bring your passions, knowledge and school experiences to the work force, to make your own impact in the travel and lifestyle PR space, surrounded by the best in the business working on the best in the world. Your finger is firmly on the pulse of what’s now and next in the travel & lifestyle arenas, in part because you’re an engaged follower of the next It influencers and a voracious reader of magazines, newspapers, and blogs.
The post graduate program at J Public Relations opens the gates to an entry-level position in a fast paced PR industry. This dynamic six-month program immerses you into JPR real-time: engaging with client/media relations, creating pitches, delving into research, developing press kits, coordinating media hosting/events and collaborating with top-tier teams both in the office and throughout our locations via social channels. At the end of your six-month program your work and performance will be evaluated by the Executive team.
JPR believes in growing its team from within and this starts with our intern program - this is a rare venue to stand out from the pack and gain experience with definitive edge. The secret to success at JPR: Everyone is purpose-driven. It’s what happens when a company culture embraces the art of strategy and a chance to shine brighter on the daily. The powerhouse agency—with offices in San Diego, LA, NYC and London—will take you further afield, connecting you to a top-tier roster of leading hotels, resorts, restaurants and travel destinations across the globe. We’ve garnered awards for a reason, having landed San Diego Magazine’s Cool Companies and SmartCEO Magazine’s Company Culture Award, recognizing our power to cultivate a creative, collaborative workplace. Praiseworthy? It’s what we do internally and for clients.
Duties & Responsibilities:
During your six-month program your days will look like:
• Create & secure press placements, pro-style
• Clip, draft publicity alerts, pitches, press releases for accounts
• Navigate Cision, creating quality media lists
• Monitor & assists with administrative tasks + PR/media platforms
• Hone writing skills, elevate press releases
• Work with teams on reporting and media research
• Assist on client brainstorming sessions on pitches, story angles and partnerships
• Assist with client/team event coordination
• Assist with local rounds up/RSVPs & client information
Qualifications & Requirements:
• A bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Hospitality, Travel & Tourism, Marketing and/or Business is expected
• Must be able to commit to a weekly schedule minimum of 28 hours a week
• Previous PR or Social internship experience is required