Account Supervisor, Real Estate Public Relations
Who are we are
J/PR is a global communications firm specializing in public relations, content creation, and social media. We work with some of the best hotels, resorts and lifestyle brands in the world, including Relais & Chateaux, Vail Resorts Hospitality and Hilton Luxury Brands to name a few. You can see our current client list here. Being a part of this international powerhouse agency will connect you to a roster of distinguished hotels, resorts, restaurants, real estate projects, and destinations across the globe, elevating your career (and your frequent flier status). We tell compelling original stories to connect brands to their target audiences. We’re passionate, professional, and purpose-driven. We're dedicated to our work, the agency, our clients, and each other.
Forbes said “These are the Women Dictating Where You’re Traveling,” and Inc. Magazine featured J/PR in an article titled, “How Two Millennial-ish Women Built a PR Powerhouse.” This is in addition to numerous awards like PR News Best Places to Work, New York Observer PR Power 5 for five years in a row, The PR Net 100, Forbes Five Star Agency, PR Couture Spotlight Agency of the Year, and Crain’s Best Places to Work (to name a few).
At J/PR, we’re incredibly intentional about our company culture, and we whole-heartedly believe in a work-life blend, where you'll be empowered to continue learning and growing through travel, mentorship, training and retreats, along with a connected company culture.
Who are you?
Creative, collaborative, connected. You bring a time-tested roster of real estate media relationships and proven experience pitching successful storylines for luxury real estate, residential and travel/hospitality brands. You have the pulse on what’s trending in the industry, know what questions to ask your clients to find compelling, timely storylines and aim for coverage that drives qualified leads to the properties you represent. You have a strong understanding of the luxury/lifestyle industry and consumer, and thrive on brokering partnerships for your clients to bring awareness to the target audiences that matter most. You’re motivated, passionate and working diligently to be a go-to industry expert for media, clients and your agency team. If this sounds like you, then please read on.
As the Account Supervisor, Real Estate you are now considered management at J/PR, which means you’ll have the opportunity for both tactical management and account management, as well as broader leadership where you can offer coaching, guidance, and career support to your direct report and account teams. You’ll have the opportunity to be the day-to-day lead on smaller accounts, managing internal delegation, while also starting to step into account strategy with a Director’s help. This means you’ll own the process for creating year-long strategies for our clients (putting together the template, delegating slides, and leading creative brainstorming) and will also be learning how to anticipate the client’s needs before they even ask. You’ll be busy attending FAMs and Media Missions, are beginning to join pitches for new business, and are upping your media relations game to focus more on KPI’s and bigger placements and stories. This is the level where you’ll also start handling the contract renewal process, as well as new contracts for new clients/ new business. You’ll also regularly attend industry events and raise your hand to participate in webinars and virtual events when able.
Duties and Responsibilities
Account + Client Management
- Manage day-to-day client activities, including communication, research, planning, implementation and evaluation of public relations activities, and paying careful attention to budgets, resources, deadlines and client expectations
- Strategically and quickly react to client needs
- Lead your accounts through their 90-day goals, adapting, evolving and enhancing the tactics along the way
- Lead small accounts seamlessly, moving towards bigger leadership opportunities
- Develop and implement creative & media worthy programs
- Create the strategy as an Account Lead on some accounts, asking for support from the Leadership Team when necessary
- Begin to utilize Harvest to manage team member’s time and account profitability
- Develop press worthy programs and ideas for clients
- You are a master at creating headline worthy storylines or finding trends and opportunities that create the bigger story
- You have a solid, trusted network of A+ media relationships in the real estate space whom you can tap on a moments notice
- Begin managing direct report(s), providing leadership, guidance, feedback and coaching to direct report(s) and account teams both in person and remotely
- Support and offer insight as needed to senior leadership
- Regularly participate in J/PR new business pitching, with the ability to articulately define what sets us apart
J/PR / Industry
- Weave your industry involvement into the collective knowledge base of the agency, reporting back on insightful information and creating opportunities for clients
- Responsible for developing one educational based workshops each year
- And other tasks, projects, or duties as required
- College Degree or comparable experience required
- At least 5 years of public relations experience in the real estate, hospitality, culinary, travel, tourism, restaurant and/or consumer lifestyle arenas
- Agency experience a must, In-house experience is a plus
- Must have stellar client and media references
- Must have strong and proven relationships with local, regional and national media contacts
- Must have strong, effective and proven management skills
- Ability to travel for client needs
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, experience in a hospitality environment is a plus
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Strong knowledge of media and news cycles
- Ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong understanding of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Foundational understanding of Influencer engagement
- Polished and professional demeanor
- Self motivated with a positive nature
- Must have a valid passport for international travel
J/PR offers a competitive benefits package, inclusive of but not limited to:
- Competitive base salary: $75,000 - $85,000, commensurate with experience and location
- Year-end Discretionary Bonus
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Pet Insurance
- Hotel Trade
- Birthday PTO
- Accrued PTO
- Hybrid office schedule
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
J/PR strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
J/PR recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. J/PR may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.