Who are we?
J/PR is a global communications firm specializing in public relations, content creation, and social media. We work with some of the best hotels, resorts and lifestyle brands in the world, including Relais & Chateaux, Vail Resorts Hospitality and Hilton Luxury Brands to name a few. You can see our current client list here. Being a part of this international powerhouse agency will connect you to a roster of distinguished hotels, resorts, restaurants, real estate projects, and destinations across the globe, elevating your career (and your frequent flier status). We tell compelling original stories to connect brands to their target audiences. We’re passionate, professional, and purpose-driven. We're dedicated to our work, the agency, our clients, and each other.
Forbes said “These are the Women Dictating Where You’re Traveling,” and Inc. Magazine featured J/PR in an article titled, “How Two Millennial-ish Women Built a PR Powerhouse.” This is in addition to numerous awards like PR News Best Places to Work, New York Observer PR Power 5 for five years in a row, The PR Net 100, Forbes Five Star Agency, PR Couture Spotlight Agency of the Year, and Crain’s Best Places to Work (to name a few).
At J/PR, we’re incredibly intentional about our company culture, and we whole-heartedly believe in a work-life blend, where you'll be empowered to continue learning and growing through travel, mentorship, training and retreats, along with a connected company culture.
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated, you’re fresh into your career and ready for more. You have a can-do attitude, attention to detail and focus on time management and deadlines. Creative and inspired, you’re ready to grow your media relations while crushing the day-to-day responsibilities of account support. If this sounds like you, then please read on!
As the Junior Publicist, you are a crucial part of the J/PR team, drafting pitches and press releases, building media lists, and researching the things that will make our clients stand out amongst the crowd. Our ideal Junior Publicist recognizes that most often, the “small stuff” is actually the big stuff. As you proactively start to take on more responsibility, you’ll begin to dabble in more media relations, responding to incoming media leads and flagging multi-client opportunities to the agency, raising a hand to take ownership. You’ll also begin to join client calls, learning how we work with and service our clients, and will begin making your mark in the agency by being a reliable, invaluable team player, with impeccable time management and prioritization skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
Account + Client Management
- Confidently understand how accounts operate
- Be an organizational master, keeping reports, placements, weekly updates and media lists tight and accurate, with little editing needed
- Navigate and understand how to utilize: Barcelona Principles, Harvest, TrendKite, Muck Rack and Fohr
- Begin to participate in creative brainstorming with pitch & programming ideas
- Demonstrate attention to detail, while being able to prioritize and multitask
- Support initiatives like press trips, media missions, and events by proactively managing RSVPs, backgrounder development, transportation planning with ease
- Share updates, reports, alerts and leads
- Respond to clients with requested information
- Join client calls and meetings when necessary
- Begin to proactively engage in media and influencer relations as requested by team leads, with little oversight
- Vet incoming media and influencer opportunities/hosting requests from client/client website and provide recommendations
- Support securing media for press trips and recommending media aligned with client goals
- Master media list development
- Monitor and respond to all HARO, ProfNet and internal agency leads via email and Slack for opportunities, with little oversight
- Seek opportunities to meet relevant/appropriate media one on one
- Operate as point person for client event, media mailers/deliveries
- Effectively collaborate with and guide student interns if assistance is needed on account needs
- Respectfully manage up as needed to ensure reports, updates, etc. are complete, ensuring polished and on-time delivery to client
- Enthusiastically collaborate with the team
- Begin to anticipate needs/deliverable for accounts, offering assistance to senior team members
J/PR / Industry
- Remain up-to-date on and share news on trends in our industry as well as those impacting your clients by following relevant blogs, websites, influencers, newsletters, etc.
- And other tasks, projects, or duties as required
- College Degree or comparable experience required
- At least 1-2 year public relations experience
- Agency experience preferred
- Computer skills, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, experience in a hospitality environment is a plus
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Strong knowledge of media and news cycles
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
- Basic understanding of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Foundational understanding of Influencer engagement
J/PR offers a competitive benefits package, including:
- Competitive hourly pay: $21-24 per hour, commensurate with experience and location
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Pet Insurance
- Monthly Cell Phone Stipend
- Accrued PTO
- Birthday PTO
- Hybrid office schedule
- Hotel Trade
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
J/PR strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
J/PR recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. J/PR may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.