Public Relations Post Graduate Program
Who are we?
J/PR is a global communications firm specializing in public relations, content creation, and social media. We work with some of the best hotels, resorts and lifestyle brands in the world, including Relais & Chateaux, Vail Resorts Hospitality and Hilton Luxury Brands to name a few. You can see our current client list here. Being a part of this international powerhouse agency will connect you to a roster of distinguished hotels, resorts, restaurants, real estate projects, and destinations across the globe, elevating your career (and your frequent flier status). We tell compelling original stories to connect brands to their target audiences. We’re passionate, professional, and purpose-driven. We're dedicated to our work, the agency, our clients, and each other.
Forbes said “These are the Women Dictating Where You’re Traveling,” and Inc. Magazine featured J/PR in an article titled, “How Two Millennial-ish Women Built a PR Powerhouse.” This is in addition to numerous awards like PR News Best Places to Work, New York Observer PR Power 5 for five years in a row, The PR Net 100, Forbes Five Star Agency, PR Couture Spotlight Agency of the Year, and Crain’s Best Places to Work (to name a few).
At J/PR, we’re incredibly intentional about our company culture, and we whole-heartedly believe in a work-life blend, where you'll be empowered to continue learning and growing through travel, mentorship, training and retreats, along with a connected company culture.
The Public Relations Post Graduate is an entry-level, internship position that will allow knowledge learned in school to expand and translate into the workforce. The PR Post Graduate supports the administrative duties of the Publicity Assistant, teams, clients, and accounts. Being new to the industry with prior internship experience, you’re eager to rise to the occasion and learn in a fast paced environment. A PR Post Graduate is exposed to all facets of the agency from the administrative level and assists in monitoring, updating, researching, and reporting on client services, teams, and tasks. This position requires reliability and a passion for devouring every publication as a resource in the hospitality/travel PR industry.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with reporting & gathering information to develop efficient round-up pitches
- Create & write press materials: fact sheets, media lists, press releases, newsletters, bios/backgrounders
- Clip, draft placement spotlights, pitches, press releases for clients
- Hone writing skills, blurb writing and elevate press releases
- Monitor and update all administrative task & duties/platforms
- Assist in brainstorming & planning sessions/story angles & partnerships
- Assist with data input for weekly reporting/client updates
- Navigate Muck Rack, updating quality media lists
- Research publications, editorial calendars & maintain targeted media lists
- Assist with drafting of weekly updates, working with Publicity Assistant
- Responsible for media tracking & client reporting (media clips, placement spotlights, digital alerts & calculating PR values)
- Establish & maintain effective, respectful & professional relationships with employees and clients
- Ability to perform other tasks or projects assigned by account leads or executive members
- Assist in research on upcoming trends, articles & social media relating to the PR industry & clients specific to travel, luxury hospitality & culinary
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience in public relations, communication, journalism, marketing and/or business
- Previous experience with traditional PR platforms is preferred (Muck Rack, Cision, HAROs, etc.)
- Previous internship experience (PR industry is preferred)
- Computer skills, including proficiency in Word, Excel and Powerpoint in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Foundational knowledge of media and news cycles
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
- Foundational understanding of Influencer engagement
- Must be able to commit to a weekly schedule
- Competitive hourly pay: $18-19 per hour, commensurate with location
- Hybrid office schedule
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Paid wellness (sick) days
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
J Public Relations strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
J Public Relations recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. J Public Relations may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms